Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Cancer gone

Yesterday we went to see my surgeon. He said just what my GP had said "Well my dear you had cancer but now it is completely gone." Gone ! I am so lucky and the BC health care system worked so well for me. It started with my sinus doc's fellow listening to my concerns about a year ago that there was something going on because my feet were swollen. A test revealed a DVT. That led to warfarin and strangely pink poops. Eventually I asked for and got a fit test because I knew that wasn't normal. There was blood in the test so eventually I got a colonoscopy.  After that things moved fast - a ct scan, bowel surgery, a bit of a set back requiring a naso-gastric pump for 5 days. Pain and pain medicine 10 times stronger than morphine. Finally a fart  and a poop - all systems started to work. No more pain. Then some food! Now I am pronounced cured. It all seems almost like a bad dream.  I am still a bit weak and tire much more easily than normal. I still need to eat fairly low fibre food. But I can push myself and get back to my old life. It is an amazing reprieve and I need to make sure I use this gift if time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment